tisdag 5 juni 2012

A Day out 3rd June 2012


A Day out 3rd June 2012



 Närlunda




Common Buzzard (Buteo buteo)


It was an very overcast sky, grey and it had been drizzling all day. Despite of that I 
decided to  pack my gear and go to some of the usual places to see if I would be able 
to get an oppurtunity to get some new shots. And the day out started out with me 
making a big smile when I saw the beautiful Common Buzzard who was sitting in 
the old dead tree beside the road as ususal. Today perhaps because of the weather 
he or she allowed me to take some photos while staying on the branch for a while. 
 



Common Buzzard (Buteo buteo)


Then after a while the Common Buzzad flew away looking down at the huge fields.



Common Buzzard (Buteo buteo)


The Buzzard was circulating over the fields looking for a prey, usually there are many
worms to eat on the surface when it is raining.



Aspa




The Fallow Deer (Dama dama)


I noticed two fallow deers beside the road and decided to stop the car further ahead 
perhaps if I was lucky I would spot more deers. 



The Fallow Deer (Dama dama)


And this time I was very lucky a small heard approached the spot where I was 
hiding. They stopped and I was able to get some beautiful pictures. The little
one was curious and looked directly towards me.



The Fallow Deer (Dama dama)


I tried to count them to see how many they were, and I think that it was 17 fallow deers
it was difficult to count them since many of them was moving around while others 
was focusing on me and the sound from my camera.



The Fallow Deer (Dama dama)


 I decided to continue and this was the last photo I took. After a short while I spotted 
a beautiful little bird pond/lake. I could see a horned grebe and decided to park my
car to see if I could make some more interesting discoveries. After finding a good
place to sit down at the edge of the pond, I just sat there waiting to see what 
would happen. If I was lucky perhaps the horned grebe would be curious and 
come closer so that I would be lucky to be able to get some nice photos. 



The White Wagtail (Motacilla alba)


It was not until I came back home and downloaded my pictures that I noticed the 
little white wagtail flying above the surface in the left corner of the photo. 



The Horned Grebe or Slavonian Grebe, (Podiceps auritus)


I noticed that the Horned Grebe was trying to hide behind the reed, if you look 
at the center of the picture you could perhaps see the little one? It seemed that 

he was much more interested in something else at his end of the pond.
It was a very beautiful bird-pond and even if the weather was grey and overcast 
the sun managed to reach down between the clouds.



The Tufted Duck, (Aythya fuligula) and The Horned Grebe, (Podiceps auritus)


And it was truly amazing to see the change of the light for the short time the birds
and I was graced by the sunshine. The horned Grebe was, I believe, protecting 
its nest because it did not allow the Tufted Ducks to get near the reeds. He kept 
them away with his threathening behaviour; keeping his head down above the 
surface during his attack, when swimming towards the tufted duck family,
making his warning sound. It was an amazing moment, however it was 
time to move on.



The Osprey (Pandion haliaetus)


When driving on the winding road alongside another lake I saw something white
in the corner of my eye, and when driving back to see if I had guessed right 
I saw the beautiful Osprey looking out to the lake to spot a prey. It started 
drizzling and unfortunatly it became very dark so it was difficult to get 
photos, this was the only one good enough to share with you all. 




Björnäng




The Whooper Swan (Cygnus cygnus)


In the way back home it finally stopped drizzling and it became brighter 
so I was lucky to spot this beautiful whooper swans in the distance 
and managed to find a good place to stop and be prepared with my 
camera when they passed the spot where I was.



The Common Crane (Grus grus)


I spotted common cranes on many of the fields, it was a bit difficult to determine however
I think that it was only adult ones who had gathered together on the fields.



Hollandet





The Common Crane (Grus grus)


I also parked the car beside one of the fields at Hollandet where over 30 common cranes
had gathered. Some of them was eager to show the others not to come too close.



The Common Crane (Grus grus)


Others were just calmly patrolling the fields



The Common Crane (Grus grus)



Now it was time to drive back home again, it was still a bit cold so it would be nice
to light a nice fire to make it warm and cosy in time for the dinner.

Greetings to you all

Maria


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar