måndag 7 januari 2013

A Day out Saturday 5 January



A Day out  
Saturday 5 January



Visitor in my garden



Eurasian Jay (Garrulus Glandarius)

Today I spotted this years first Eurasian Jay, visiting my new bird feeder station,
he or she mostly stayed at the ground eating the seeds which the other birds
had made fall to the ground. A couple of days before I also spotted a small flock 
of Long-tailed Tit (Aegithalos caudatus) also called Long-tailed Busch Tit, 
they stayed for a quick snack bite of the suet ball and when I had my 
camera ready they were gone.  

 Lövsund


Whooper Swan (Cygnus cygnus)

According to the calculations I found on the internet, the sun was going
down at 15:10 so I decided to head towards Lövsund to see if I could get some 
nice shots of the sunset and hopefully some shots of the Whooper swans  who
stayed in the area.


Whooper Swan (Cygnus cygnus)

The juvenile bird´s plumage is gray-white and the beak is black and white to yellow
with a little tinge of pink, the plumage will not turn white until its first year, or early 
spring during the second year of their life. I have also learned that the juveniles need
large areas of water to live in, when they are still growing, since their body weight 
cannot be supported by their own legs for a while, so they spends much of their 
time in the water swimming and eating.





The sunset was amazing, some times when arriving back home again, I find myself
thinking, after downloading the photos, that the colours were so much better when 
I was standing facing the amazing landscape. There are so many times when I have 
been rather dissapointed when looking at my shots back home again.

Now I know that the main reason to my "disappointment" is that when "I am there 
on  the spot", my own feelings adds to the experience, just because I am there with 
all of my senses, and the connection with what I see, hear feel and smell make the 
experience so incredible. While back at my computer room there are so 
many other things, which create a distraction. Some days I have chosen not to 
download the images when arriving back home again, just because I have felt 
distracted by something else. I have found this strategy to work very well for 
me. Later when I finally felt that "now it is time to download"  I have been able 
to enjoy the whole picture 100%.  




A breathtaking view, taken Saturday 5, downloaded today. 

100%  ;-)

Warm greetings to you all
/Maria 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar