onsdag 25 april 2012

A Day out 24 April 2012

A Day out 24 April 2012

Gagea(Gagea lutea)

Today I went out at home where I live and I used my old SIGMA 50-150mm. The weather 
was warm but a bit windy and I found this beautiful little spring flower as I walked in the 
wood by a little lake where the Greylag Gooses gather this time of the year. 



The Greylag Goose( Anser anser)


Two beautiful Greylag Gooses.


European Starling (Sturnus vulgaris)
A little Starling was in a hurry and I was lucky to be able to get a photo when it 
flew over me.





I found this stone in the middle of the woods  where this beautiful green lichen grew, 
I am going to find out what kind of lichen it is so that I can add the right name here.




The Black Woodpecker (Dryocopus martius)

Then all of a sudden I saw a black shade and it was the Black Woodpecker,
I am very happy that I was able to take this photo, it is the first time in 
I have been this close to this beautiful Black bird with its red feathers 
on his head. Now I of course hope to see him or her again.





I walked along the little creak, and found traces here and there of Mink(Mustela vison)
however they did not look fresh. During this past winter I visited the same places as last 
year however I did not have the oppurtunity to see Mink. They are hunted here since 
many people do not approve of them hunting after birds nests to feast on their eggs.




The beautiful pattern on the fields, the landscapes are amazing at springtime.


Looking for the Mink (Mustela vison)

 The little bridge which you can drive over on your way to the shooting club where you 
can practise your shooting when taking your hunters licence. It was getting time to go 
back home to make dinner but I decided to go back again another day and continue to
walk along the little creek. Many times you drive to other places when there are new
exciting things to discover in the areas around where you live. I had a great day out
and it is getting warmer day by day. However on my way back home it started to get
a bit colder so I had to put my knitted cap on. 

Maria

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar