fredag 4 maj 2012

A Day out 3 May 2012


A Day out 3 May 2012

(More photos and text will be added here soon)



LÖVSUND

I started early and headed towards Lövsund, a beautiful place where I have observed 
a lot of different birds and other animals as the Mink(Mustela Vision). When I arrived I 
noticed a bird of prey. I could not determine what kind of bird it was, but when I thought 
about the shape and colour, I thought that it could be a Eurasian Marsh-Harrier.



The Western Marsh-harrier (Circus aeruginosus)also known as the Eurasian Marsh-harrier.


 I am not 100% sure that it was a Eurasian Marsh-Harrier which I spotted, however the bird 
was gliding low over the flat open field and then towards the reed, and it held its wings in
 a shallow V-shape, I truly hope that I will be able to take more photos to be able to 
determine if it is a Eurasian Marsh-Harrier or not. I know that they have been spotted in
 this area so I have my fingers crossed that I have guessed right since it would be 
amazing to know that I can go back here and hopefully get more photo oppurtunities 
and perhaps be lucky to get more shots.  



The Greylag Goose (Anser anser)


When the bird of prey continued to glide away further away from the place where the 
Greylag Goose was, some of them had become so scared that they took off. 



The Greylag Goose (Anser anser)


I noticed that two of them was still there behaving a bit worried. They were looking 
around and moving around like they were anxious.




The Greylag Goose family with little ones (Anser anser)


They hurried down into the water and I could see that they had at least 3 little ones.
I truly wish that I could get closer with my camera gear, because it would be amazing
to get photos of the little ones, they must be hatched since they looked so tiny. 



The morning sun was creating a beautiful sparkle on the surface


I decided to go to another bird lake but when I arrived I discovered that I was unable to 
find a good spot. It would be backlight for a long time and I was unable to get any good 
photo at this time in the morning. I walked back towards my car when I heard the birds 
in the lake make warning sounds.  




Common Buzzard(Buteo buteo) with prey



When I turned around I first received the bright sunshine directly in my eyes so it 
was hard to see anything. However then I saw that a Common Buzzard(Buteo buteo)
lifted from the field, the Buzzard was carrying something in its beak. I was lucky to 
get this photo, unfortunatly I am unable to determine what pey it is carrying but 
pehaps it could be a vole or a mouse?
I went to my car and headed towards Dagnäsöns nature reserve which consists of 
a peninsula in Båvens Southeast. The reserve can be reached via the road to 
Sofielund from public road 223 between Björnlunda and Nyköping.  




Skull from The red deer (Cervus elaphus)



 Before you reach the nature reserve there is a birds lake. Last time I was there 
I spotted a Common Buzzard who was cirulating above a dead Greylag Goose. 
Today my thought was to walk around the lake, if possible. I parked my car 
and started to head towards the left side of the bird lake. When I reached 
the side of the lake where the reed was growing, I noticed this skull on 
the ground. Since it was a very big skull I think that it is  from a Red Deer.
I took a couple of shots of the skull in this position. 




Skull from The red deer (Cervus elaphus)



 Then I very carefully turned the skull on to the side to get some more shots. I noticed 
that there were no teeths at the front of the skull. It is amazing to be able to see a 
skull from a dead animal like this, sometimes the skulls are damaged so it is even 
more difficult to try and guess how it should look like.




Anemone Nemorosa


I noticed some beautiful Anemone nemorosa, in Sweden they are called "Vitsippor" 
but when I looked the English name up at the internet I found out that the common 
names are Wood anemone, Windflower, Thimbleweed and Smell Fox.






The Greylag Goose (Anser anser)


As I walked beside the reeds a couple of Greylag Gooses arrived and landed on the lake.



The Common Crane (Grus grus), also known as the Eurasian Crane



A Common Crane was heading towards the lake. 




The Common Crane (Grus grus), also known as the Eurasian Crane



The Common Crane didnt mind my presence and just passed me by 
on its way to the lake.



The Reed Bunting, (Emberiza schoeniclus)



I then heard a bird singing, when I lokated where the bird sat I discovered the little one 
on one of the telefon cables. This was the first time I have taken photos 
of the Reed Bunting.  



The Reed Bunting, (Emberiza schoeniclus)



I was very happy, being out in the nature like this, gives me the oppurtunity to learn more 
about wild life and the many different species which I am lucky to get an encounter with. 




Beautiful landscape






The Eurasian Coot, (Fulica atra)



When I reached the place at the lake where I thought I should be able to get around the 
lake. I discovered that I had to walk even further, the ground was getting soft and wet 
and just as I started to think that it would be better to head back to my car I spotted a 
Eurasian Coot.




The Eurasian Coot, (Fulica atra)



Unfortunatly I think I scared him or her when I started to head back and the last thing 
I saw was when it lifted and flew away, hopefully I did not disturb too much with 
being there. 




The Yellowhammer, (Emberiza citrinella)





DAGNÄSÖNS NATURE RESERVE






The Black-throated Loon (Gavia arctica)



When I arrived at the parking place at Dagnäsöns nature reserve I noticed two 
birds in the little bay. When I looked through my camera I could clearly see that 
it was a Black-throated Loon couple.




The Common Goldeneye (Bucephala clangula)



I could also spot this Common Goldeneye couple.





The Black-throated Loon (Gavia arctica)



 The calls include a yodelling high-pitched wail and harsh growls. Loon nests  
throughout Sweden except on Öland, Gotland and Skåne. Historically, for example 
here in Lake Båven in Sörmland which is one of the most frequent loon lakes 
in Sweden with about 50 to 60 pairs.




The Black-throated Loon (Gavia arctica)


It was amazing to see and hear, and of course to be able to take some photos 
of these beautiful birds. Many people think that their call sounds scary, and the 
call are compared with the sound from a person who is drowning. However
at daytime when the sun was shining bright I only enjoyed to watch them
and the sound was not at all scary. 






Silver Birch(Betula pendula) 


It has been been warm and sunny the last couple of days , and we have had some rain 
now and then, so the Birch trees have started to get beautiful new fresh green leaves.




The little island Tallholmen,


You are not allowed to disturb the wildlife on Tallholmen, during nesting period




The White Wagtail (Motacilla alba)



 On my way back to the car landed a very curious little White wagtail on the road
in front of me where I walked.  I took some nice shotswhile the little White wagtail 
searched after insects on the road. I had to change to the right side of the road 
since I did not want to disturb the little one while searching for something to eat




ÖSTER MALMA



The Osprey (Pandion haliaetus), sometimes known as the sea hawk, fish eagle or fish hawk

When I turned in to the road which leads to Öster Malma, I noticed a beautiful Osprey
who was flying parallelle with the little creak below. The Osprey is the provincial
bird of Södermanland, Sweden but also Nova Scotia, Canada.


The Osprey (Pandion haliaetus), sometimes known as the sea hawk, fish eagle or fish hawk


The Osprey is 0.9-2.1kg in weight and 50-66cm with a 127-180cm wingspan. It is very 
interesting to know that its toes are of equal length, the talons are rounded. The 
outer toe is reversible, allowing them to grasp their prey with two toes in front
and two behind, which is particularly helpful when they grab slippery fish


The little creek at Malma Lake(Malmasjön)


When the Osprey spotted me, he or she headed towards Malma Lake and dissapeared
behind the trees. It was truly a beautiful day although a bit windy and chilly.


The little creek at Malma Lake(Malmasjön)


I found a little path beside the creek, sheltered from the chilly wind it became 
nice and warm. I could see lots of small fish which had gathered in large clusters.
I watched a very interesting program on Tv the other day, it was about different 
animals which gathered in large clusters for the safety of the flocks. Both birds,
fishes, bees and larger mammals. One and one they were weak and had that 
specific individual´s intelligence, however coming together in cluster made them
not only stronger but also gain the whole clusters intelligence put together and 
in some of the examples in the program the entire flock survived because of that.




Common Buzzard(Buteo buteo) 


As I walked along the creek I was being scrutinized by a interested Common Buzzard
which became visible for me up in the blue sky. A funny thing is that when I try to 
imitate the sound of the Raven very often a Common Buzzard approaches. I was 
tempted to sound like a Raven and so I did.



Common Buzzard(Buteo buteo) 


The Buzzard came closer and closer and had his eyes on what I was doing.Maybe 
he or she thought about what a funny Raven I was sounding like one but looking
like a two legged wingless human being. *Smile* one can but wonder what the 
Buzzard was thinking. Maybe he or she thought that the sound came from 
a Raven feeding on a prey which the Buzzrd also could get a piece from?


Common Buzzard(Buteo buteo) 


Once the Common Buzzard had decided that I was of no interest it took a last glance 
and then headed off over the fields in search for Lunch. 

Malma Lake (Malmasjön)





Malma Lake (Malmasjön)





Cowslip(Primula veris )Swedish name "Gullviva"





Lungwort(Pulmonaria obscura) Swedish name "Lungört"





The Comma (Polygonia c-album)Swedish name "Vinbärsfuks"





The Common Brimstone(Gonepteryx rhamni) S - name citronfjäril





The Common Brimstone(Gonepteryx rhamni) Swedish name citronfjäril





The Common Brimstone(Gonepteryx rhamni) Swedish name citronfjäril
































TORPESTA KVARN

Last time I visited Torpesta Mill (Torpesta Kvarn) I noticed a small bird lake in the 
nearby so I parked my car at the parking place at Torpesta Mill and walked around 
in the sorrounding areas. I discovered a path on the opposite side of the Mill where 
I could walk down to the shore at the Lake Likstammen.







An old wooden boat on the shore at the lake Likstammen











An old tree










And then I walked through the woods and arrived at the bird lake just in time to see 
the arrival of a Canadian Goose couple.










































Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar